Subject: City and Guilds Diploma in Hair/Barbering/Beauty
What will I study?
The structure of the course will allow you to focus on your talents and interests within the Hair, Barbering or Beauty Sector. You will gain a Level 2 and Level 3 in Hair, Barbering / Beauty.
Units of study:
• Level 2 – UNIT 201 WORKING IN THE HAIR, BARBERING AND BEUTY, 201 HEALTH AND SAFETY, 204 FACIALS, 207 MANICURE, EYE TREATMENTS, FALSE EYELASHES, MAKEUP, ARTIFICIAL NAIL ENHANCEMENTS, COLOURING HAIR, CUTTING HAIR, BARBERING AND BEARD SHAPING
• Level 3 - UNIT 310 - MAKE AND STYLE A HAIR ADDITION
• UNIT 312 - ANATOMICAL AND PHYSIOLOGICAL KNOWLEDGE OF BODY SYSTEMS.
• UNIT 313 - ORIGINS, PRINCIPLES AND THEORIES OF MASSAGE
• UNIT 316 – CREATIVE HAIRDRESSING / BARBERING DESIGN SKILLS
• HAIR EXTENSIONS
• UNIT 334 - NAIL ENHANCEMENT AND ADVANCED HAND AND NAIL ART TECHNIQUES
• UNIT 335 – EXPLORE THE ORIGINS OF MASSAGE AND PRINCIPLES OF COMPLEMENTARY AND ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE.
• These may vary.
How would it help me in the future?
Following completion of the Level 2 and 3 course, successful candidates will be able to further develop their individual skills through work employment or higher qualifications such as;
· City and Guild Level 4 VRQ Diploma in Hair/Barbering/Beauty
· City and Guild Level 4 Business.
How will my work be assessed?
You will complete over 2 year units in Hair, Barbering or Beauty. You will be assessed practically in a realistic working environment. You will also carry out exams/assignment tasks. Each of these unit will be assessed as a Pass, Merit or Distinction Grade.
Will all my study be in school?
Your lessons will be within school making use of the specialised facilities within the school. You will carry out work placement which the school will help you find. Homework will be set each week.
What will be especially important for me to succeed on the course?
The course provides you with real world experiences. Your practical experience will help broaden your horizons and this combined with your academic qualifications demonstrates to prospective employers, maturity, motivation and independence, making your CV stand out from the crowd when it comes to entering the world of work.
Who are the best people to see for more information? Mrs L Slater, teacher within the Hair, Barbering and Beauty Department.