On Friday we welcomed the Arts Award Moderation Team to view over 300 students work from years 7 - 11. This was for their Arts Award Bronze which is a Nationally recognised Level 1 qualification.
The moderators staying well into the afternoon and viewed every folder with great interest. They also spoke to a group of students from years 7 and 11 about their experience. The students, as ever, did us really proud and talked about gaining confidence, developing leadership skills and loving the fact they have learnt so many new and interesting skills as a result of taking part in Arts Award.
I have collated some of the lovely comments from the moderators reports below
- "The centre should be congratulated on the excellent work taking place. The young people have clearly been inspired by this experience."
- "Some really inspirational work. The programme is varied and has clearly inspired the young people. Marking is accurate."
- "The work all round is inspirational taking into account so many taster sessions."
- "A well organised and excellent programme of work that provided the young people with a great experience."
- "Very inspired students - they have really enjoyed the Arts Award."
- "It has been a pleasure to meet with the young people today, they have clearly been inspired."
"A great programme which is embedded into the curriculum. Young people have gained an enormous amount through being involved in Arts Award."
Well done to all the Arts team for their wonderful efforts and overall success! It really has been a great team effort to achieve such a fantastic result! We are looking forward to our Presentation Evening when Certificates will be given out.
Mrs B Voller, Head of Arts Faculty.