Talented Young Artists

The GCSE Art & Design Exam takes place on Tuesday 19th and Wednesday 20th April for all of our Year 11 students. The exam lasts for 10 hours, which can seem like an infinite stretch of time to some students, but it allows them the opportunity to produce a sustained final piece. Students have been working on their exam since the 4th January; it is an intense project lasting only 3 and a half months. Once the exam is complete, no further work can be added to the exam unit.

The exam accounts for 40% of the overall GCSE grade, the other 60% is coursework, which students have been working on since the start of Year 10.

Here are some examples of our current Year 11 student's PPE final pieces, and last year's Year 11 terminal exam pieces.